Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Camera Obscura!




So, in exciting news Camera Obscura has released their new album 'My Maudlin Career' on 4AD. I initially freaked out a bit when I found out they were being released on this label, because 4AD mostly has a lot of bands like Cocteau Twins, The Birthday Party, and The Pale Saints to name a few. However, Camera Obscura has such a lush sound that I couldn't imagine any label not liking them. When I first listened to the album I was blown away. I heard "french navy", and all I can say is that this is such an amazing song. I heard the drums and tambourine in the beginning, and then you hear tracyanne's gorgeous voice. I have to admit that I instantly received the chills after hearing her. The rest of the cd is just as good. I love the stories that are in Camera Obscura songs, and I wish some of them could happen to me. I really hope that people end up buying this album, because it is really great. :) I'm hopefully going to see them in Chicago at the Metro. :)
Here's a video from their new album. The song is called "french navy".

No comments:

Post a Comment